Saturday 20 March 2021

"I'll tag along" groceries Money Diary


I think it's all that talk about food and chocolate. 

And there was me thinking I settled into the search of the perfect homemade naan and duet, maybe even trio of  hummus.

Say chocolate and it's like my wolf found an unsuspecting herd of sheep. 

Anyway I'm pondering the craving and see the bottle. It's been there for ages, it's something strong winking at me. 

I'm stalling the next paragraph for as long as I can. 

I take the cap off the bottle and fill it: Dutch courage.

I fill it again. Potent. I glow and the well starts brimming. 

I will not eat the chocolate cause I just wrote down that it wouldn't last beyond 24 hours. So I'm not going near the chocolate. Not before dinner. Not before anything. 

Will I take a break from writing to have a coffee outside?

Yes.

When I arrive at the bottom of the hill there's a pre-Paddy's-Day-party happening including cans of beer. When was the last time I had cans on the street? When was the last time I had shots with a beer chaser? There's a smile on my face and I'm engaged and I'm here. When we're heading off I'm not ready to go so I tag along and end up in Lidl once more. 

It's okay. I was going to get some more vegetables anyway and I'd like more meat because I was talking about meat and chocolate and I'm hungry.

Once I'm in the shop I realize what's happening and I run through the isles. This is not good but there's no way I'm leaving without meat and more chocolate.

I pick up another bar of chocolate. Chicken wings, chicken nuggets, an aubergine and two courgettes.

The vegetables is grand, and the chicken in all guises I could really have done without but obviously it's too late for all of that. I want chicken in the soup I started making yesterday. And the chocolate, well, now I know there really is no way it's going to go for any longer than daylight hours.


chocolate, chicken, courgettes and aubergine



 Type of shop     :            Groceries.

Name of shop     :            Lidl

Items                  :            5

Reduced items   :           5

Total Discount   :           € 0.65 

Total Spend        :           € 4.50




No comments:

Post a Comment