Wednesday 24 March 2021

Lidl Groceries, Stock up on the Veg Ma", Money Diary

 



 

A net of onions, a bag of carrots, a bag of sugar, a big piece of ginger, 2l of milk, 2 tins of baked beans, garlic, 2 nets of limes, 2 trays of pears, 3 aubergines and a pack of almond fingers, 2 peppers, a block of extra mature red cheddar and chocolate chocolate-chip cookies and a cheap priced down loaf of brownish bread. All for the price of €14.40 and we got €2.35 in discounts.


 
Because there's two in the house now and the second person is my offspring the least I can do is try to be as wild as I possibly can (don't laugh! I can hear you snigger all the way from there). 

One of the things she always complains about is that her diet back in South Korea isn't very vegetable heavy. She turned into a committed vegetarian at age 11 and then ended up in a country where Vegetarianism is something that's mainly practiced in temples. So indulging in vegetables is something she well: enjoys. 

 

"Stock up on the veg ma," I hear her shout after me as I head out to go and do just that. 

Onions we needed. Carrots where on offer for €0.49 as were the peppers, the limes and the pears, after which I found the aubergines to be the same price as well, so happy days. The most expensive bits from the vegetable isle are the ginger and garlic. 

 

I can see some kind of carrot salad, a spicy pepper and aubergine soup, an aubergine dip, a pear and lime salad or maybe even a few more poached pears in your future."

We ran out of sugar because I poached the little firm pears for on our porridge yesterday. The sugar will also be used with the bread and the milk to make one of the Offspring's favourite desserts: Bread and Butter Pudding.



 The milk will also make pancakes and if there's any left together with the cheese may even become a cheese-sauce for on the broccoli which is waiting to be picked in the garden.

The baked beans are for that Irish Breakfast she is so longing for (Korea in the end turned her into a meat eater again) and then the cookies. Well, we got 3 of them from €1.- instead of €2.- I couldn't let her not have them. And finally the almond fingers, they came gratis and for nothing.

I'll leave the sweet stuff for the young one except for those poached pears I can clearly see them in our immediate future now.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment